Editor’s Note: Comcast NBCUniversal will not release a violent feature-length “satire” The Hunt, wherein wealthy liberal elites pursue and murder white working class (and presumably Donald Trump-supporting) Christian conservatives for sport.
“The movie coming out is made in order … to inflame and cause chaos,” Trump asserted on Twitter. “They create their own violence, and then try to blame others. They are the true Racists, and are very bad for our Country!”
The Hunt creator Jason Blum’s gore-filled, politically-themed repertoire includes The Purge film and television franchise. The Hunt is written by Damon Lindelof, the co-writer of The Leftovers television series and a well known figure in Democratic Party circles whose oeuvre has highlighted what he deems the persistent problem of “white supremacy.”
Trump calls ‘liberal Hollywood ‘racist at the highest level’ as a satirical film that depicts liberal elites hunting ‘deplorables’ for sport is set for release
(August 9, 2019)
- President Donald Trump went after Hollywood on Friday, calling the industry “racist” and “really terrible.”
- Later in the day, Trump doubled down, calling “liberal Hollywood” racist “at the highest level” and “with great Anger and Hate!”
- “The movie coming out is made in order … to inflame and cause chaos,” he wrote on Twitter. “They create their own violence, and then try to blame others. They are the true Racists, and are very bad for our Country!”
- Trump was likely referring to “The Hunt,” a satirical film from Universal Studios about liberal elites hunting “deplorables” from the rural US for sport.
- Universal Studios pulled TV and digital ads for the film after two mass shootings in Dayton, Ohio, and El Paso, Texas, roiled the country last weekend.
President Donald Trump on Friday went after Hollywood, calling the industry “really terrible” and “racist.”
“Hollywood — I don’t call them elites, I think elites are people they go after in many cases — Hollywood is really terrible,” the president said, speaking with reporters on the White House lawn as he prepared to depart for his golf club in New Jersey.
“You talk about racism, Hollywood is racist,” he added. “What they’re doing with the kind of movies they’re putting out is actually very dangerous for our country. What Hollywood is doing is a tremendous disservice to our country.”