Tag Archives: Sandy Hook Elementary

Rahm Emanuel on Sandy Hook: “Tap Peoples Emotion[:] Make it Simple Assault Weapon[s]”

“You Never Want a Serious Crisis to Go to Waste”

Former Obama administration Chief of Staff and Obama’s Secretary of Education Arne Duncan discussed a scheme to take advantage of the country’s emotional response to the December 14, 2012 Sandy Hook School massacre. The conversation is documented in emails released to the Baltimore Post under a Freedom of Information Act request.

“During a roughly 10 minute period, the native Chicagoans exchanged seven messages two days following the massacre in which Mayor Emanuel, who had previously served as President Barrack Obama’s chief of staff, advised Secretary Duncan on what position he should take on the Sandy Hook shootings,” the Post reports.

At 6:57PM EST on December 16, 2012, Duncan wrote to Emanuel in a message titled “CT shootings.”

Duncan asked the Chicago mayor, “What are your thoughts?”

Five minutes later, Emanuel responded, “Go for a vote this week before it fades. Tap peoples emotion. Make it simple assault weapons.

Duncan responded immediately, “Yup- thanks.”

When I did brady bill and assault weapons for clinton we always made it simple. Criminals or war weapons,” Emanuel said in the email to Duncan.

Gun show loophole?” Duncan responded. “Database? Cop-killer bullets? Too complicated?” he said.

Cop killer maybe,” Emanuel responded. “The other no.”

The exchange ended when Duncan concluded with, “Got it.” (Emphases added.)

Emanuel was a central member of the Clinton White House from 1993 to 1998, helping to enact that administration’s Assault Weapons Ban. He has also been an Illinois congressional representative and central member of the Democratic Party. Emanuel presently serves as and Mayor of Chicago.

Neither Emanuel nor Duncan responded to the Post when asked for comment on the December 2012 exchange.

Despite the silence on the matter, in one of Duncan’s last Tweets, which quotes him from a recent interview in The Atlantic, the former education secretary coincidentally addresses the very tragedy discussed in the emails.

“‘We played by all the rules after Sandy Hook. We did a study, we did a report, we worked with Congress, and guess what we accomplished? Nothing.’ @arneduncan on a plan to boycott American schools.”

In the interview from which he is quoted, Duncan says that one of the most disappointing failures of his career has been deaths that have occurred under his watch due to gun violence.

Duncan is supportive of the current student protests and proposal for a nationwide school boycott sparked by the Parkland school shooting. He argues that lawmakers’ have been unsuccessful in their attempts to enact more severe gun control legislation.

Of the school boycott idea, Duncan said during the interview, “Nothing we have done to date has worked. We have absolutely failed. I have failed. We’ve all failed. But I am also more hopeful today than I have been at any time since the Sandy Hook massacre.”

0

Wolfgang Halbig, Alex Jones Sued For Defamation By Sandy Hook Families

FBI Agent Joins as Plaintiff

Members of six victims’ families of  the December 14, 2012 Sandy Hook massacre event in addition to FBI agent Bill Aldenberg have filed a defamation lawsuit in Connecticut Superior Court naming radio host Alex Jones and well-known Sandy Hook Truth activist Wolfgang Halbig as defendants. The suit seeks damages “in excess of $15,000.”

ABC News reports:

The lawsuit accuses Jones, a staunch gun rights advocate who operates Infowars, a website that routinely propagates conspiracies, of “a years-long campaign of abusive and outrageous false statements.”

“While the nation recoiled at the terrible reality of the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School, Alex Jones saw an opportunity,” the families’ attorney Josh Koskoff said. “He went on a sustained attack that has lasted for years, accusing shattered family members of being actors, stating as fact that the shooting itself was a hoax and inciting others to act on these malicious lies.”

The plaintiffs are the parents of four children killed at Sandy Hook — Jacqueline and Mark Barden, parents of Daniel; Nicole and Ian Hockley, parents of Dylan; Francine and David Wheeler, parents of Ben; and Jennifer Hensel and Jeremy Richman, parents of Avielle — as well as Donna Soto, Carlee Soto-Parisi, Carlos Soto and Jillian Soto, the mother and siblings of first-grade teacher Victoria Leigh Soto; and Erica Lafferty-Garbatini, the daughter of Sandy Hook Elementary School Principal Dawn Hochsprung. FBI agent Bill Aldenberg is also a plaintiff.

“As a result of Jones’ campaign,” the families and Aldenberg said they have been “forced to endure malicious and cruel abuse at the hands of ruthless unscrupulous people.”

Their lawsuit also names Wolfgang Halbig, a Florida man who founded the now-defunct website SandyHookJustice, his associate Cory Sklanka and Infowars itself.

The lawsuit, filed in Superior Court in Bridgeport, cites Jones’ public assertions, including one from Sept. 25, 2014, in which he said video from the day of the shooting showed that the same children were cycled in and out of the school and that no emergency helicopters were sent to the school, and were “clearly staged.”

The lawsuit quotes Jones as saying on Jan. 13, 2015, “Yeah, so, Sandy Hook is a synthetic completely fake with actors, in my view, manufactured.”

The plaintiffs called such statements, among others, “outrageous, deeply painful and defamatory.”

Connecticut allows for libel and defamation actions to be brought “within two years of the date of the act complained of.” The lawsuit cites statements made by Jones in 2014 and 2015, suggesting the suit may in fact be dead on arrival. It will nevertheless generate substantial news coverage for the parties bringing the action.

Jones and his broadcast enterprises were named as defendants in another lawsuit filed by two other sets of Sandy Hook parents last month in Texas.

0

Judge Dismisses Negligence Lawsuit Against Newtown

Action Brought By Two Sandy Hook Families

Editor’s Note: A Connecticut State Court judge has dismissed a  lawsuit brought by two (Pozner and Lewis) of the 20 families that are said to have lost children in the December 14, 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre event. Defendant Newtown was represented by attorney and part-time gun control activist Monte Frank, the same counsel who defended the township in Freedom of Information actions brought by school safety expert Wolfgang Halbig.

This is the second lawsuit filed by a handful of the families concerning the event that has been dismissed in the Connecticut court system. In 2016 a Connecticut Superior Court Judge threw out a lawsuit against a gun manufacturer brought by a handful of victims’ families. That case is being appealed to the Connecticut Supreme Court.

From Newstimes of (May 8, 2018):

NEWTOWN — A judge has dismissed a wrongful death lawsuit against the town and the school district brought by two families that lost children in the Sandy Hook massacre.

The families’ suit claimed educators failed to follow their own safety protocol when a 20-year-old man shot his way into the locked school.

The judge on Monday sided with Newtown, which argued that educators exercised reasonable discretion in responding to the 2012 slaying of 26 first-graders and educators at Sandy Hook School.

“To say that the faculty and staff of the school were to act in a prescribed manner in responding to an emergency situation would … be illogical and in direct contradiction to the very purpose of governmental immunity: allowing for the exercise of judgment without the fear of second-guessing,” state Superior Court Judge Robin Wilson wrote in a 29-page ruling.

The families plan to appeal.

More…

 

0

Infowars and the Lawsuits: A Pincer Movement on Free Speech? (Video)

In this debut of the MemoryHoleBlog’s news analysis and commentary video series we examine the lawsuits filed against Alex Jones and Infowars’ parent company on April 16, 2018.

In 2017 when Jones was sued by James Alefantis over “Pizzagate” the broadcaster settled out of court and agreed to never use the term again, thus leading the way in chilling investigation and commentary on the scandal. Will the public witness the same tactic used in responding to suits filed by Sandy Hook massacre victims’ families?

0

Alex Jones Sued By Sandy Hook Parents

Broadcaster’s Comments Prompted Death Threats, “Torment”

Editor’s Note: In an ongoing war against free speech the popular media personality has been sued in Austin Texas by two families of Sandy Hook massacre event victims.  The legal actions are significant because if they are allowed to proceed Jones’ defense team will have the opportunity to proceed through discovery with the parties, requiring information and sworn testimony pertinent to plaintiffs’ claims be provided before proceeding to trial.


Sebastian Murdock
Huffungton Post
(April 17, 2018)

NBC’s Megan Kelly and Radio Host Alex Jones. Image Credit: AlexJonesChannel/YouTube

Alex Jones has spent years claiming the massacre at Sandy Hook Elementary School ― where a shooter killed 20 small children and six adults ― was faked. He has claimed the parents of these dead children are liars and “crisis actors.”

Now, those parents are coming after him.

Radio host Alex Jones commenting on Sandy Hook massacre in January 2013

In a pair of lawsuits filed late Monday, the parents of two children who died in the December 2012 shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, say Jones’ repeated lies and conspiratorial ravings have led to death threats. The suits join at least two other recent cases accusing the Infowars host of defamation.

I lost my son. I buried my son. I held my son with a bullet hole through his head.Neil Heslin, father of a 6-year-old boy killed during the Sandy Hook shooting.

Neil Heslin, the father of a 6-year-old boy killed in the shooting, and Leonard Pozner and Veronique De La Rosa, who lost their own little boy, filed the suits in Austin, Texas, where Jones’ conspiracy-minded media outlet is based. Each suit is seeking more than $1 million in damages from Jones, Infowars and a related company, Free Speech Systems LLC. Infowars reporter Owen Shroyer is also named in one of the suits.

“Even after these folks had to experience this trauma, for the next five years they were tormented by Alex Jones with vicious lies about them,” Mark Bankston, the lawyer handling the cases for the parents, told HuffPost. “And these lies were meant to convince his audience that the Sandy Hook parents are frauds and have perpetrated a sinister lie on the American people.”

More…

0

YouTube Now Scrubbing Older SANDY HOOK shooting Videos as Content Purge Intensifies

Natural News

As you may be aware, YouTube is on a censorship rampagegutting all content (and shutting down all accounts) that dare to question the “official” story on the Parkland, Florida shooting. Today, I’ve learned that YouTube is now going back in time and issuing strikes against videos questioning the Sandy Hook narrative from 2012.

Mere hours after I publicly called for the regulation of Google, Facebook, YouTube and Twitter, YouTube issued a strike against my account for a 2012 interview with a controversial book author named Jim Fetzer. That interview, which has now been banned by YouTube, focused on why Amazon.com banned Fetzer’s book. (Yes, YouTube bans an interview about a book being banned by Amazon. This is the new Orwellian tyranny put in place by the tech giants… you can’t even talk about censorship without being censored.)

TruthandArtTV YouTube Channel Now Under Attack:

Fetzer’s provocative book title is, “Nobody Died at Sandy Hook,” and in the book, he claims the entire event was staged in an abandoned school that had no active students or teachers to begin with. Before you render an opinion about that, perhaps you could download Fetzer’s book here (PDF) and see what evidence he presents. Regardless of whether you agree or disagree with Fetzer’s theory, the fact that Amazon.com banned the book was fascinating news. That’s the news I covered in interviewing Fetzer.

Amazon.com sells all sorts of outrageous books making all kinds of ridiculous claims… but a controversial book on Sandy Hook gets priority censorship

Keep in mind that Amazon.com sells books that claim the Earth is flat. They also sell books that promote Adolf Hitler’s genocidal philosophy. But when someone questions the official story on Sandy Hook, they get blacklisted. That’s news! (And that’s why I interviewed Fetzer about censorship.)

More…

0

Four Years Later Alex Jones Still Confused By Sandy Hook

By James F. Tracy

Major media and certain figures in the Sandy Hook fundraising and gun control cavalcade have recently highlighted prominent radio infowars-truthhost and filmmaker Alex Jones as a brash and indecisive observer of the Newtown school shooting event. A central reason for the attention of late is the fact that Jones has vigorously supported the Trump-Pence presidential campaign, with the president-elect responding in kind. Fortunately, Jones has issued one of his characteristically unambiguous video editorials to set the record straight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwudDfz1yAk

As some observers will recall our “tip of the spear” alt-media broadcaster issued a very similar statement in January 2013.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM5ZdO-IgEE

Jones seems to have been given the unenviable task of convincing his audience to disbelieve or at least withhold judgement on what they’re already certain they’ve detected. This is illustrated in the classic Richard Pryor “lying eyes” monologue, where the comic explains to his significant other as she stumbles upon his philandering, “What you’re seeing here baby–you didn’t really see it. This ain’t goin’ on.”

Continue reading Four Years Later Alex Jones Still Confused By Sandy Hook

0

A Brush with the Deep State?

Peter Klein
Tyranny News Network

[This post was initially submitted as a comment on the article, “Programmed to Kill: Mind Control and Manufactured Terror.“-Ed.]

After hearing Matthew Pauly describe his deep state encounters  on Real Politik and considering how sharing my recent experience Kleinmight be good in a number of ways, I’m going to share my experience in writing for the first time.

First, my name is Peter Klein and I’ve been blogging and producing videos with alternative views for nearly 10 years. I’ve been a guest on Dr. Tracy’s program a couple times (here and here) and co-produced We Need to Talk About Sandy Hook. I currently host the IMS podcast, Fix the Media. So I’m not new to this material and yet I’ve never had any clear form of government harassment or worse occur to me so to speak.

Continue reading A Brush with the Deep State?

0

Sandy Hook Promise Rakes in $6 Million

Non-profit Headed Up By Career Marketers

In the first two years of its existence the Sandy Hook massacre event’s premier fundraising organization has raised close to $6 million–an average of $3 million per year.

In 2013 and 2014 alone the nonprofit pumped the American public and larger donors for $5,809,367, according to the most recent IRS filings  of the organization.

screen-shot-2016-10-24-at-10-28-25-am

The lofty figure shouldn’t come as a surprise given the marketing talent heading up the organization and the fact that major news media have vigorously promoted the event without ever questioning its veracity.

Continue reading Sandy Hook Promise Rakes in $6 Million

0