Tag Archives: mass shootings

Santa Fe Student Miraculously Survives .38 Cal Neck Wound

Santa Fe High School baseball player Rome Shubert claims he was “shot in the head” at the mass shooting at his school on May 18. Shubert only spent a short time in hospital before requesting the nurse call his mom, presumably so he could go home.

The New Nationalist provides a helpful overview of Shubert’s improbable wound:

At Santa Fe High School, we have a young man. Rome Shubert who unknowingly sustained a shot in the head and emerged unfazed. To quote CNN: “A bullet sliced clean through the back of the Santa Fe High School sophomore’s head … Remarkably, he walked away with just bandages, and said on Twitter he was “completely okay and stable.”

Acting on pure adrenaline, he said, he sprinted to a rear exit in the room and bounded over a 7-foot wall. That’s when Mr. Shubert realized he was covered in blood and he had been shot.

The young man’s mother, Sheri Shubert, chimed in, saying, “The doctors told me it went in clean and came out clean.” She added, “We have to do something. We have to take a stand. America has to take a stand for our kids.”

Yes, those special black-magic bullets again. No contusions or bruising, no swelling, no real effect on hearing except “ears ringing.”

Continue reading Santa Fe Student Miraculously Survives .38 Cal Neck Wound

0

Parkland School Resource Officer Receives $8,702 Monthly Pension

In April Broward County Sheriff and Marjory Stoneman Douglas School Resource Officer Scot Peterson began receiving monthly pension payments of $8,702, after resigning from his position less than two weeks after the February 14 school shooting.

Peterson was publicly chastised by Sheriff Scott Israel and President Donald Trump for allegedly failing to confront purported Parkland gunman Nikolas Cruz.

Peterson and his attorney later defended the actions, arguing that Peterson was being “unfairly attacked” and pointing out that Israel “omitted” important information while scapegoating the deputy in the event’s aftermath.

According to the Sun-Sentinel,

The 55-year-old Peterson, a Broward deputy for 32 years, was paid $101,879.03 last year — $75,673.72 in base salary plus overtime and other compensation, according to sheriff’s office records. Until the shooting, he was considered a trusted school resource officer at Stoneman Douglas, according to annual reviews of his performance.

He was eligible to retire from the agency in July 2010 when he had 25 years of service, a sheriff’s office spokeswoman said Wednesday.

On Feb. 14, surveillance video showed Peterson waiting outside the school as Cruz prowled the halls with an AR-15 rifle. President Donald Trump branded Peterson a coward, and Sheriff Scott Israel began an investigation into his actions. Israel said Peterson should have “went in. Addressed the killer. Killed the killer.”

The retired Broward deputy’s monthly payouts do not include medical benefits. An investigation of Peterson’s response to the shooting is ongoing, a spokesperson for the Broward Sheriff’s office said.

 

0

Broward Sheriff’s Cartoon-Animation of Parkland Shooting

YouTube Viewers Skeptical

“Where were the police? Oh yeah, that’s right”

A “chilling animation” produced by the Broward Sheriff’s Office was presented at an April 2018 meeting of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Commission.

The video, which resembles a 1970s era video game, claims to “recreate shooter Nikolas Cruz’s actions inside the school on February 14, 2018.”

The main problem with the attempt to portray the alleged mass shooting’s details in this way is that the Parkland High School is a state-of-the-art facility located in an affluent community. Therefore, the building was equipped with closed-circuit television monitoring wherein a verifiable record of the actual event is readily available.

If the authorities seek to allay concern and skepticism toward the shooting the entirety of that footage should be first subjected to independent forensic verification, then released to the public.

A sample of the 2,100 remarks from the YouTube video’s comments section suggests the heightened public skepticism such events are met with today. Local law enforcement and their federal handlers only exacerbate this skepticism with such poorly-conceived public relations stunts. (Click image to enlarge.)

H/t Dr. Eowyn and Vivian Lee

0

Judge Dismisses Negligence Lawsuit Against Newtown

Action Brought By Two Sandy Hook Families

Editor’s Note: A Connecticut State Court judge has dismissed a  lawsuit brought by two (Pozner and Lewis) of the 20 families that are said to have lost children in the December 14, 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre event. Defendant Newtown was represented by attorney and part-time gun control activist Monte Frank, the same counsel who defended the township in Freedom of Information actions brought by school safety expert Wolfgang Halbig.

This is the second lawsuit filed by a handful of the families concerning the event that has been dismissed in the Connecticut court system. In 2016 a Connecticut Superior Court Judge threw out a lawsuit against a gun manufacturer brought by a handful of victims’ families. That case is being appealed to the Connecticut Supreme Court.

From Newstimes of (May 8, 2018):

NEWTOWN — A judge has dismissed a wrongful death lawsuit against the town and the school district brought by two families that lost children in the Sandy Hook massacre.

The families’ suit claimed educators failed to follow their own safety protocol when a 20-year-old man shot his way into the locked school.

The judge on Monday sided with Newtown, which argued that educators exercised reasonable discretion in responding to the 2012 slaying of 26 first-graders and educators at Sandy Hook School.

“To say that the faculty and staff of the school were to act in a prescribed manner in responding to an emergency situation would … be illogical and in direct contradiction to the very purpose of governmental immunity: allowing for the exercise of judgment without the fear of second-guessing,” state Superior Court Judge Robin Wilson wrote in a 29-page ruling.

The families plan to appeal.

More…

 

0

Active Shooter/Hostile Event “Standard Response Guide” Released

According to FBI statistics there have been 220 “active shooter events” between 2000 and 2016 nationwide, resulting in 661 deaths and 825 injuries. This averages out to around 13 such occurrences and 41 deaths annually.* Along these lines, around 27 Americans on average are killed by lightening each year.

The prospect of “active shooter events,” be they drills or authentic, causes many-a-sleepless night for anxious bureaucrats, and so they have banded together to produce a “the world’s first active shooter/hostile event response standard” to promote the preparedness of public officials and first responders alike. Dubbed NFPA 3000 (TM) the 48-page document can be purchased for $52 from the National Fire Protection Association.

“As more hostile events continue to occur,” the NFPA declares, “it is critical for law enforcement, first responders, emergency personnel, facility managers, hospital officials, community members and others to have the information they need to be prepared when attacks happen.”

The “program scope,” according to NFPA’s website,

is limited to the necessary functions and actions related to preparedness, response, and recovery from an active shooter/hostile event response (ASHER). This standard applies to any community, authority having jurisdiction (AHJ), facility, and member of any organization who responds to or prepares for ASHER incidents.

The guidelines were produced by “a 46-member committee,” and “included representatives from law enforcement, emergency medical services, private businesses, the department of Homeland Security the FBI and the Department of Justice,” the Kansas City Star reports.

Among the incidents this committee is said to have studied in formulating the nationwide standard were the

attacks at the Pulse Nightclub in Orlando Florida, the Mandalay Bay Resort in Las Vegas (58 killed October 2017), Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Conn. (27 killed December 2012), the Sikh Temple in Oak Creek, Wisc. (6 killed August 2012) and the Boston Marathon (3 killed April 2013).

Each of the above events has various inexplicable features yet nevertheless have been widely reported as genuine by major news media. And the “attack” on the 2013 Boston Marathon was arguably incomparable to an active shooter situation yet resulted in a military-style lockdown of the entire Boston metro region.


*The definition of an “active shooter event”is of course greatly expanded for sensationalistic effect by organizations serving as gun control lobby fronts.
0

Eric Holder Contemplates Run for Presidency

First Attorney General Held in Contempt of Congress

“Could maybe unify the country”

President Barack Obama’s Attorney General Eric “Fast and Furious” Holder has intimated that he may be considering a 2020 presidential run. The nation’s former top law enforcer thinks he can unify the country after having served close to eight years dividing it along racial lines.

Holder presided over one of the most corrupt US Justice Departments in the country’s history.  Further, a host of mass casualty events occurred under his watch, ranging from the dubious to the wholly fraudulent, These included Tucson, Aurora, Sandy Hook, Boston Marathon, Umqua College, Charlotte, San Bernardino, and Orlando.

Following many of these events Holder’s DOJ curiously paid out millions of dollars to those directly involved in the incidents and/or residents of the communities. In fact, Holder does not keep secret his contempt for the Second Amendment.

And for all the ballyhoo about Holder being the “First African-American Attorney General,” he proceeded to let all of the criminal bankers go unpunished while leaving black-on-black crime entirely unaddressed.

What about Freedom of the Press? Eric Holder served under an ostensibly “liberal Democrat.” Plus he once sported a “black power” afro the size of Billy Preston’s. Surely he upholds the right to free speech.

In fact, Holder’s DOJ prosecuted more journalists under the archaic Espionage Act than all previous administrations combined. Holder also used aggressive search-and-seizure tactics against individual news organizations for alleged leaks that would have made the Nixon administration blush.

Eric Holder in March 2018. Image Credit: Facebook/New York Times

Below are a few of the remarks from a March 2018 conversation Holder had with the New York Times, highlighted in USA Today.

“If I were gonna [run], I would do it because I think- I would have concluded that I could maybe unify the country,” he said. “Help unify the country, because it’s bigger than one person… That I could repair and then advance the nation in a variety of contexts.”

But after serving under both the Obama and Clinton administrations, Holder’s not so sure that he wants to jump back into public life.

“I remember some unpleasant hearings with some congressmen who are now leaving,” he said. “I’m gonna miss them.”

While he thinks could personally withstand any criticism thrown his way, he’s not sure he would want to subject his family to that.

“I read about, ‘Holder’s corrupt,’ ‘Holder’s whatever,'” he said. “It’s all politics, and I just dismiss it. But I saw the impact that it had on my family.”

“‘Holder’s corrupt. Holder’s whatever'”? (Not this again.) The facts speak for themselves.

0

Broward Sheriff Scott Israel Receives Landslide ‘No Confidence’ Vote

Really About “Extorting Pay Raise”, Israel Says

Editor’s Note/Update: It appears that the untimely and curious death of Deputy Jason Fitzsimons may have played a role in Broward deputies’ clear discontent with Scott Israel, something the story below does not delve into. The Deputies’ union association president, Deputy Jeff Bell, stated prior to the vote that the union is accusing Sheriff Israel of

“many instances of suspected malfeasance, misfeasance, failure to maintain fiduciary responsibility by the sheriff, failure to properly investigate possible criminal conduct by members of his senior command staff and the lack of leadership that has crushed morale throughout the agency.” (Emphasis added.]

As many MHB readers know, there has been a complete corporate media blackout of Fitzsimons’ death and the unusual circumstances surrounding it.

Brad Slager
SunshineStateNews
(April 26, 2018)

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel’s image-rebuilding effort took a major hit Thursday when 85 percent of the deputies who voted in the International Union of Police Associations, Local IUPA 6020, electronic balloting used their votes to say they want Israel gone.

Israel’s only ray of light in the union count is the no-show total: The number of deputies who didn’t vote outnumbered the ones who did. Of a 1,300-member roster, the union received back ballots from 628 deputies — 534 of them expressing their dissatisfaction.

Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel and former Democratic National Committee Chair Debbie Wasserman-Schultz

On Friday, April 20, the union local sent out electronic ballots. Members were asked to lodge their collective opinion on Israel’s future following tempestuous months within their ranks as a result of the shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

Israel had become a lightning rod in the weeks after the tragedy, at first appearing as a media fixture, later becoming the focus of negative speculation. As evidence emerged of inaction taken by his deputies during the shooting, and his department failing to intervene with the shooter after numerous visits to his home, Israel was eventually viewed as the sheriff whose inadequate leadership had let his troops down.

Continue reading Broward Sheriff Scott Israel Receives Landslide ‘No Confidence’ Vote

0

Press Given Open Access to Ocala Florida School Shooting Suspect

Says Should Be Put in “Solitary”

A school shooting incident transpired on April 20 at Forest High School in Ocala Florida. The shooter was identified as Sky Bouche, 19 years old. Bouche reportedly smuggled a sawed off shotgun into the school nestled in a guitar case while passing himself off as a Forest High attendee. The shooting resulted in one injury to a 17 year old student’s ankle after Bouche fired a single round of shotgun pellets at the bottom of a classroom door. He was apprehended shortly thereafter by the school’s resource officer.

According to CBS News:

Marion County Sheriff’s Detectives John Lightle, left, and Dan Pinder, right, escort a handcuffed and shackled Sky Bouche, 19, center, to a waiting patrol car, Friday, April 20, 2018, in Ocala, Fla. Bouche is the suspect in a shooting that occurred at Forest High School Friday morning. (Doug Engle/Ocala Star-Banner via AP)

A gunman who carried a shotgun in a guitar case and opened fire at a Florida high school has been denied bond during his first court appearance. A handcuffed Sky Bouche appeared Saturday before Judge Willard Pope via video conference at the Marion County Jail. The Ocala Star-Banner reports a second court date was set for next month.

Bouche told the newspaper he felt an adrenaline rush before Friday’s shooting that quickly wore off, and he was unable to continue with his plan.

Bouche faces charges including terrorism, aggravated assault with a firearm and possession of a firearm on school property.

The shooting at Forest High School in Ocala happened on a day planned for a national classroom walkout to protest gun violence and left one person injured. The school went on lockdown after the 19-year-old suspect, who was not a student, shot and injured a 17-year-old male student. His injury is not life threatening.

Reporters who were given unusual access to the shooter after his arrest for an interview where Bouche told them he was often alone and experienced moods of “depression” and “rage.” He obtained a 1930 shotgun “‘so there’s no papers on it,'” the suspect said. The purchase was made “in a private sale arranged through an online service about a week after the Parkland shooting so he could get it before [the law moved the age to] 21,” the Ocala Star Banner reports. The gunman says he got ideas on purchasing the gun by watching a segment of ViceNews.

Bouche stated that at age 14 he was examined because of mental health concerns under Florida’s Baker Act, which allows for a three day involuntary psychiatric observation in the event authorities deem an individual a threat to themselves or others. He further tells reporters he has “a lot of bipolar [and] schizophrenic people in my family,” and that he has “always been around mental illness my whole life.”

Police obtained a “Temporary Risk Protection Order” to confiscate Bouche’s firearm. The Risk Protection Orders have been provided to Florida law enforcement under the new Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School Public Safety Act. The order prevents the subject from possessing or purchasing firearms for the duration of the court order.

There’s something very strange taking place in the aftermath of this event. This specifically involves apparent violations of the suspect’s right to due process. According to reports Bouche faces numerous charges,  including terrorism, aggravated assault, carrying a concealed firearm, firearm possession, armed trespassing on school property and possession of a short-barrelled shotgun.

Given this array of such serious potential offenses, how is it that reporters have been given such unlimited access to the suspect wherein he repeatedly incriminates himself before any arraignment or trial? Where is his defense counsel, and why are they not objecting to such questioning  and testimony? We are reminded of the odd access given to reporters following the San Bernardino and Pulse Nightclub shootings.

0

Jason Fitzsimons’ Social Media Presence

Deputy Appeared to Operate Two Facebook Pages

By James F. Tracy

Our April 9 report of Broward Sheriff’s Deputy Jason Fitzsimons’ April 1, 2018 passing generated considerable online interest. This followup is intended to clarify the initial story based on observations of Fitzsimons’ social media activity and what we now recognize as the deputy’s dual Facebook pages that contain differing information.

First and foremost, Deputy Fitzsimons’ Facebook account was not “scrubbed,” as previously reported. Rather, Fitzsimons had no less than three Facebook pages–one of which was initiated in January 2016.

Further, a second Facebook page overlooked in our initial report in fact contains Fitzsimons’ politically-oriented posts that tend to make his untimely passing suspect, and as of this writing these political posts or images can still be viewed on the page in question.

Continue reading Jason Fitzsimons’ Social Media Presence

0

The Parkland School Shooting Post That Got Tony Mead Banned from Facebook

Dr. Eowyn
FellowshipoftheMinds
(April 10, 2018)

Tony Mead is an intrepid Sandy Hook researcher with a Facebook page called “Sandy Hook Hoax“. Two days ago, on April 8, 2018, Facebook took down his page. In its place, is this message:

The only reason Facebook gave Mead for unilaterally and without warning taking down his “Sandy Hook Hoax” page is the vague catch-all “Something you posted doesn’t follow our Community Standards”:

Continue reading The Parkland School Shooting Post That Got Tony Mead Banned from Facebook

0