An unusual situation has developed over the past few days in Broward County that calls the ensuing “Florida recount” into further question. “Provisional Ballot Boxes” were found in the trunk of a rental car returned to the Fort Lauderdale Airport. The car was last driven by one of Broward Elections Supervisor Brenda Snipes’ employees, more of which below.
Shortly after an Avis employee tipped off independent journalist Laura Loomer, a bomb scare was apparently telephoned in to airport officials.
Editor’s Note: In a recent development suggesting major banks’ outright contempt for their “Main Street” clientele Bank of America customers in California are reporting contents missing and outright removed from their safe deposit boxes at several of the major bank’s local branches. While such institutions still consider themselves “too big to fail” (or be held criminally liable) the fact remains that any property stored in safe deposit boxes is not FDIC-insured and though kept under lock-and-key on bank grounds, is considered the sole property of the renter. This makes such activities blatant theft.
A woman says her bank let her safe deposit box vanish. And she’s not the only one.
Susan Nomi says when she went to open her Bank of America safe deposit box of 16 years, the entire box was gone.
That’s where she kept her family’s jewelry and her dad’s coin collection.
“I was in shock; I was just like what happened to my box,” said Nomi.
She says Bank of America can’t explain where her valuables went.
“They don’t have an answer. They don’t have an answer. They say thanks for letting us know,” she says.
Nomi was infuriated, especially considering she is a retired Bank of America employee of 40 years. And she’s not alone. Others have complained that Bank of America drilled their safe deposit boxes without permission or notice.
Wendy Woo says her belongings were taken out of her safe deposit box and shipped to her.
“Everything was dumped in a plastic bag,” said Woo.
She says a ring was missing a stone and a necklace was damaged in the process.
“Safe deposit box….that’s what it’s for, safe,” she said.
Another family reported getting their safe deposit contents shipped back too, but claim $17,000 in jewelry was missing.
Then another woman who just wants to be identified as Maggie says, “I just got robbed from the bank.” “They just took my stuff,” she exclaimed.
Former Obama administration Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel and Obama’s Secretary of Education Arne Duncan discussed a scheme to take advantage of the country’s emotional response to the December 14, 2012 Sandy Hook School massacre. The conversation is documented in emails released to the Baltimore Post under a Freedom of Information Act request.
“During a roughly 10 minute period, the native Chicagoans exchanged seven messages two days following the massacre in which Mayor Emanuel, who had previously served as President Barrack Obama’s chief of staff, advised Secretary Duncan on what position he should take on the Sandy Hook shootings,” the Post reports.
At 6:57PM EST on December 16, 2012, Duncan wrote to Emanuel in a message titled “CT shootings.”
Duncan asked the Chicago mayor, “What are your thoughts?”
Five minutes later, Emanuel responded, “Go for a vote this week before it fades. Tap peoples emotion. Make it simple assault weapons.”
Duncan responded immediately, “Yup- thanks.”
“When I did brady bill and assault weapons for clinton we always made it simple. Criminals or war weapons,” Emanuel said in the email to Duncan.
“Gun show loophole?” Duncan responded. “Database? Cop-killer bullets? Too complicated?” he said.
“Cop killer maybe,” Emanuel responded. “The other no.”
The exchange ended when Duncan concluded with, “Got it.” (Emphases added.)
Emanuel was a central member of the Clinton White House from 1993 to 1998, helping to enact that administration’s Assault Weapons Ban. He has also been an Illinois congressional representative and central member of the Democratic Party. Emanuel presently serves as and Mayor of Chicago.
Neither Emanuel nor Duncan responded to the Post when asked for comment on the December 2012 exchange.
Despite the silence on the matter, in one of Duncan’s last Tweets, which quotes him from a recent interview in The Atlantic, the former education secretary coincidentally addresses the very tragedy discussed in the emails.
“‘We played by all the rules after Sandy Hook. We did a study, we did a report, we worked with Congress, and guess what we accomplished? Nothing.’ @arneduncan on a plan to boycott American schools.”
In the interview from which he is quoted, Duncan says that one of the most disappointing failures of his career has been deaths that have occurred under his watch due to gun violence.
Duncan is supportive of the current student protests and proposal for a nationwide school boycott sparked by the Parkland school shooting. He argues that lawmakers’ have been unsuccessful in their attempts to enact more severe gun control legislation.
Of the school boycott idea, Duncan said during the interview, “Nothing we have done to date has worked. We have absolutely failed. I have failed. We’ve all failed. But I am also more hopeful today than I have been at any time since the Sandy Hook massacre.”