Tag Archives: alternative media

Alternative Media Companies Unite in Inspiring Rally Against Corporate, Gov’t Censorship

Matt Agorist
The Free Thought Project
(January 15, 2019)

Members and owners of multiple alternative media outlets gathered in Houston, Texas to discuss the heavy hand of corporate and government censorship and how to stop it.

Over the weekend, members and owners of multiple alternative media outlets gathered in Houston, Texas to discuss the heavy hand of corporate and government censorship and how to stop it. The meeting was a success with the common theme of peaceful voices refusing to be silenced.

For those who remember, on October 11, 2018, Facebook and Twitter — without warning or justification — deleted the pages of Free Thought Project and Police the Police which had over 5 million followers. During this purge, they also removed hundreds of other pages who had massive followings like the Antimedia, Cop Block, and Filming Cops.

The owners of these pages would eventually find out that the secret hand behind this massive purge was tied to government via the Atlantic Council.

As we previously reported, the Atlantic Council is the group that NATO uses to whitewash wars and foster hatred toward Russia, which in turn allows them to continue to justify themselves. It’s funded by arms manufacturers like Raytheon, Lockheed Martin, and Boeing. It is also funded by billionaire oligarchs like the Ukraine’s Victor Pinchuk and Saudi billionaire Bahaa Hariri and the US government.

Instead of taking this censorship move lying down, TFTP co-founder, Jason Bassler and Conscious Resistance founder, Derick Broze organized the United for Common Ground summit in Houston to plan a strategy to fight back.

“We walked away with some powerful ideas, a solid game plan and made connections that will last a lifetime and hopefully beyond. We have a lot of work ahead of us but many of us are now reinvigorated. This was a perfect opportunity to refocus our strategies and refine our potency for the future,” Bassler explained.

More…

0

Moon Rock Books Sued By Sandy Hook Parent

Tom McLaughlin
Gainesville Sun
(December 10, 2018)

A Crestview man who publishes controversial books for the edification and entertainment of conspiracy theorists has been named in a lawsuit brought by the father of a child killed in 2012 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

David Gahary is the principle officer of Wrongs without Wremedies LLC, which publishes as Moon Rock Books. The company currently markets 12 books, each bearing a provocative title along the lines of; “JFK Who How and Why,” “The Parkland Puzzle: How the Pieces Fit Together,” and “America Nuked on 911.”

Wrongs without Wremedies is named in the lawsuit along with two men, Jim Fetzer and Mike Palecek. They, Gahary said, edit the work of various contributing authors and build books from those authors’ writings.

Moon Rock Books sells to customers around the world, Gahary said.

“These are people who don’t really believe the mainstream media, or as they say now, the fake news media,” he said. “They don’t believe what the government and mainstream media are telling them.”

More…

0

Village Voice Shuts Down After 63 Years

Billionaire Peter Barbey Pulls the Plug

Legendary alternative journalistic outlet The Village Voice officially closed its doors on August 31, 2018. The news and entertainment weekly’s closing comes less than three years after the publication was purchased by Pennsylvania-based apparel/textile industry magnate Peter Barbey.

Barbey bought the village voice through his private investment company in 2015 for an undisclosed sum. In 2017 he ceased print publication of the weekly after crushing the workers’ union through what appeared to be layoffs targeting unionized newsroom staff. Barbey reportedly resides in a $27 million Greenwich Village flat.

The New York Post reports:

The storied New York tabloid the Village Voice — already down to around two dozen employees — is now officially dead, its owner announced Friday.

Half of the staff will be fired, with the other half hanging on briefly to work on an online archive, owner Peter Barbey told them according to the Gothamist website. The publication has stopped publishing new material.

“I bought The Village Voice to save it,” Barbey told the staffers.

“This isn’t how I thought it was going to end up,” he said, blaming “basically, business realities.”

Co-founded in a Greenwich Village apartment in 1955 by Norman Mailer, the iconic paper was one of the first alt-news weeklies in the country.

It launched the careers of investigative powerhouses Wayne Barrett and Tom Robbins, rock critic Robert Christgau and music critic Nat Hentoff.

Its pages have held the work of Ezra Pound, James Baldwin, E.E. Cummings, Tom Stoppard, and Allen Ginsburg. Its cartoonists have included Lynda Barry and Jules Feiffer, who in 1981 won one of the paper’s three Pulitzer Prizes.

More…

H/t  Winfield Abbe

0

President Trump Chastises Tech and Social Media Giants

Editor’s Note: One of the major news stories this week involves Donald Trump’s public condemnation of tech and social media companies’ ongoing censorship of customer and user content. This was accompanied by the president’s introduction of the Twitter hash, #StoptheBias. In a statement that should foster a broad national conversation, a cursory query on the Google search engine itself reveals a general blackout of the president’s commentary in major media, with The Daily Beast the only major US-based mainstream outlet highlighted in “top coverage”–with a misleading headline suggesting that Trump’s remark suggests the creation of a forthcoming political strategy. CNN and MSNBC predictably highlighted Google’s denial of any bias against conservatives.

Greg Sandoval
Business Insider 
(August 29, 2018)

US President Donald Trump continued to blast away at Google on Wednesday, as he accused the tech company of showing favoritism to former President Barack Obama’s administration.

Trump posted a video to his Twitter page that alleges that Google promoted Obama’s State of the Union addresses multiple times on its homepage, but has not done the same when he has addressed Congress. He posted the video with a hashtag, “#StopTheBias.”

CNBC has confirmed that photos of the Google of pages that appear in the video are accurate. It’s not immediately clear if the video was created by the Trump administration, or if it was made by a third party and shared by the President.

The video was posted a day after Trump criticized Google multiple times on Tuesday, accusing the company of rigging search results to silence conservative media outlets and make his administration look bad.

Continue reading President Trump Chastises Tech and Social Media Giants

0

Is Alex Jones Blackmailed By a “Tranny Porn” Fetish? (Video)

(Updated 8/29/18)

A video outtake from one of Alex Jones’ recent broadcasts may suggest one of the ways the popular radio host may have been compromised.

The excerpt, which shows Jones promoting one of his recent health-related phone apps, depicts him inadvertently revealing on his smart phone a still image and link to a hardcore transvestite porn video.

Can someone so Janus faced and with such apparent prurient interests be entrusted to carry forth the banner defending free speech? To what degree is Jones blackmailed via such obsessions? Is this perhaps one of the reasons why Jones can’t seem to get so many the story straight on so many false flag incidents?


On his August 29 broadcast Jones denied that he was viewing pornography on his telephone.

0

One Researcher’s Account of a WordPress.com Takedown

Cinderella Broom
FOTM

The week of August 12 was a countdown, though to what remains to be seen. I didn’t know it at first. Someone dear to me had died the week before, and I had miles to travel, tasks to finish and people to visit. It never occurred to me that the week following would bring more deaths.

The first happened on August 15th: the original FOTM blog was snuffed out by WordPress.

Then, from the same host, a series of kills: American Everyman, Jays Analysis, 50 Shades of Pissed Off, Fundamental Option, Chem Trails Planet, Government Rag, Dutch Sinse, together with my blog, Cinderella’s Broom. More small, independent blogs, I’m sure, were taken out, sites that shared a mission of exposing false flag operations and hoaxes, notably Sandy Hook.

Continue reading One Researcher’s Account of a WordPress.com Takedown

0

Who’s Behind the Tsunami of Social Media and Blog Censorship?

From Art Moore, “Memo Reveals Soros-Funded Social-Media Censorship Plan,” WND, August 20, 2018:

The recent wave of censorship of conservative voices on the internet by tech giants Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Apple mirrors a plan concocted by a coalition of George Soros-funded, progressive groups to take back power in Washington from President Trump’s administration.

confidential, 49-page memo for defeating Trump by working with the major social-media platforms to eliminate “right wing propaganda and fake news” was presented in January 2017  by Media Matters founder David Brock at a retreat in Florida with about 100 donors, the Washington Free Beacon reported at the time.

Continue reading Who’s Behind the Tsunami of Social Media and Blog Censorship?

0