Florida Governor Ron DeSantis Suspends Broward Sheriff Scott Israel

Huffington Post/Associated Press
(January 11, 2018)

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — New Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis suspended Broward County Sheriff Scott Israel on Friday over his handling of February’s massacre at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School.

The Republican governor flew to Fort Lauderdale three days after taking office to remove the Democratic sheriff, appointing a former police sergeant to serve as acting sheriff. Gregory Tony, 40, worked for Coral Springs police for 12 years before leaving in 2016 to start a company specializing in active-shooter training. He is the first African-American to serve as Broward’s sheriff.

DeSantis’ office issued a statement saying, “Sheriff Israel has repeatedly failed and has demonstrated a pattern of poor leadership. He failed to protect Floridians and visitors during the tragic Fort Lauderdale International Airport shooting in 2017. He failed in his duties to keep our families and children safe during the devastating shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School on February 14, 2018. These incidents demonstrate Sheriff’s Israel’s repeated incompetence and neglect of duty.”

The statement added, “The families of the victims deserve accountability.”

Minutes after DeSantis’ announcement, Israel said he would fight the suspension.

“There was no wrongdoing on my part. I served the county honorably,” he said.

Under Florida law, the governor can suspend elected officials for criminal activity, misfeasance, incompetence or neglect of duty. Israel intends to challenge the suspension to the state Senate, which will conduct a trial and then remove or reinstate him. Israel’s lawyer, Stuart Kaplan, said this week the sheriff did nothing warranting removal and his future should be left to Broward voters in the 2020 election. Israel had been sheriff six years.

More…

See Also:

Miami Police Officer Under Attack Fro Questioning Parkland Shooting Narrative

Parkland Shooting: Top Ten Reasons For Deeper Interrogation

Broward County Sheriff Receives Landslide “No Confidence” Vote

Broward County Sheriff’s Deputy Dead at 42

Sandy Hook Families Win Discovery in Alex Jones Lawsuit

By Aaron Katersky
ABC News
(January 11, 2018)

Six families of victims killed at Sandy Hook Elementary School won a legal victory Friday in their fight against controversial radio and internet personality Alex Jones.

A judge in Connecticut has granted the families’ discovery requests, allowing them access to, among other things, Infowars’ internal marketing and financial documents.

The judge has scheduled a hearing next week to decide whether to allow the plaintiffs’ attorneys to depose Jones.

The plaintiffs include the parents of five children who went to the school as well as family members of first-grade teacher Victoria Leigh Soto and Principal Dawn Hochsprung, according to a statement from the plaintiff’s attorneys.

According to the statement, the plaintiffs allege a “years-long campaign of abusive and outrageous false statements in which Jones and the other defendants have developed, amplified and perpetuated claims that the Sandy Hook massacre was staged and that the 26 families who lost loved ones that day are paid actors who faked their relative’s deaths.”

More

See Also:

Alex Jones, Wolfgang Halbig Sued For Defamation By Sandy Hook Families

Strange Allies in the Fight to End Free Speech

Alex Jones’ Actual Malice

When Alex Jones Got Pozner’d

 

James Fetzer Answers Defamation Lawsuit of Sandy Hook Parent

Dr. Eowyn
Fellowship of the Minds
(January 11, 2018)

Leonard Pozner is the alleged father of alleged Sandy Hook child-victim Noah Pozner whose image, mysteriously, was among the posters of those who were killed by the Taliban in the Army Public School shooting massacre in Peshawar, Pakistan, on December 16, 2014, two years after Sandy Hook.

Leonard Pozner has harassed bloggers and YouTubers with DMCA copyright-infringement take-down demands, and is successful at it. He has also sued Wolfgang Halbig and Alex Jones on Sandy Hook. Curiously, in his last lawsuit against Halbig, Lenny dropped the lawsuit when it came time for him to be deposed, under oath, which reinforces the skepticism by some who wonder if “Leonard Pozner” is a real person. For more on this, see “Sandy Hook’s Leonard Pozner sues Professor James Fetzer and publisher“.

On November 27, 2018, Leonard Pozner filed a defamation lawsuit against Professor James Fetzer and his publisher, Moon Rock Books, claiming that he, Leonard Pozner:

  1. Is a private citizen, instead of a public figure.
  2. Has been defamed by the defendants’ publication of an alleged death certificate of Noah, which Fetzer maintains is fake. See Leonard Pozner v. James Fetzer, et al.

As required by the court, Fetzer submitted an Answer to the lawsuit, in which he makes the following points:

Continue reading James Fetzer Answers Defamation Lawsuit of Sandy Hook Parent

5G Wireless Technology: Millimeter Wave Health Effects

A Review of Recent Public Health Literature

Joel M. Moscowitz Ph.D.
School of Public Health
UC Berkeley
Electromagnetic Radiation Safety
(November 14, 2018)

With the deployment of fifth generation wireless infrastructure (aka 5G), much of the nation will be exposed to MMWs for the first time on a continuous basis. Due to FCC guidelines, these exposures will likely be of low intensity. Hence, the health consequences of 5G exposure will be limited to non-thermal effects produced by prolonged exposure to MMWs in conjunction with exposure to low- and mid-band radiofrequency radiation.

Unfortunately, few studies have examined prolonged exposure to low-intensity MMWs, and no research that I am aware of has focused on exposure to MMWs combined with other radiofrequency radiation.


The emergence of 5G, fifth-generation telecommunications networks, has been in the news lately because the wireless industry has been pushing controversial legislation at the state level to expedite the deployment of this technology. The legislation would block the rights of local governments and their citizens to control the installation of cellular antennas in the public “right-of-way.” Cell antennas may be installed on public utility poles every 10-20 houses in urban areas. According to the industry, as many as 50,000 new cell sites will be required in California alone.

Although many major cities and newspapers have opposed this legislation, the potential health risks from the proliferation of new cellular antenna sites have been ignored. These cell antennas will expose the population to new sources of radio frequency radiation including millimeter waves.

Continue reading 5G Wireless Technology: Millimeter Wave Health Effects

Moon Rock Books Sued By Sandy Hook Parent

Tom McLaughlin
Gainesville Sun
(December 10, 2018)

A Crestview man who publishes controversial books for the edification and entertainment of conspiracy theorists has been named in a lawsuit brought by the father of a child killed in 2012 at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Connecticut.

David Gahary is the principle officer of Wrongs without Wremedies LLC, which publishes as Moon Rock Books. The company currently markets 12 books, each bearing a provocative title along the lines of; “JFK Who How and Why,” “The Parkland Puzzle: How the Pieces Fit Together,” and “America Nuked on 911.”

Wrongs without Wremedies is named in the lawsuit along with two men, Jim Fetzer and Mike Palecek. They, Gahary said, edit the work of various contributing authors and build books from those authors’ writings.

Moon Rock Books sells to customers around the world, Gahary said.

“These are people who don’t really believe the mainstream media, or as they say now, the fake news media,” he said. “They don’t believe what the government and mainstream media are telling them.”

More…

The Conspiracy Theorist: What Happened to James Tracy Could Happen to You – Promo 2

Independent Media Solidarity

Independent Media Solidarity presents the second preview of our new feature-length film, The Conspiracy Theorist: What Happened to James Tracy Could Happen to You. Nationally recognized school safety expert Wolfgang Halbig gives one of his best interviews for the project. This preview features great clips from that interview.

Tracy was a distinguished tenured faculty member in Florida Atlantic University’s School of Communications and Multimedia Studies, where he researched and taught courses in journalism history, communication theory, and the media’s coverage of conspiracy theories.

Continue reading The Conspiracy Theorist: What Happened to James Tracy Could Happen to You – Promo 2

Scientists Sound Alarm on New Guidelines For Human Exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation

Concern Voiced in Wake of National 5G Microwave Rollout

Editor’s Note: As the preliminary rollout of 5G technology takes place in numerous US municipalities, over 200 scientists from around the world are voicing their opposition to the telecom industry-friendly International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection’s guidelines for human exposure. The scientists argue that the proposed “protections” offer no more safety to the public than the antiquated FCC’s guidelines from the 1990s still in effect today.

Such guidelines “only protect against acute thermal effects from very short and intense exposure,” the scientists contend.

The guidelines do not protect against harmful effects from low-intensity and long-term exposure, such as cancer, reproductive harm, or effects on the nervous system, although these effects are convincingly shown to appear from chronic exposure at intensities below ICNIRP limits.

Their observations are detailed in the post below.


The EMF Call

Call for Truly Protective Limits for Exposure to Electromagnetic Fields (100 kHz to 300 GHz)

ICNIRP’s opinion and guidelines are unscientific and protect industry, not public health


In order to protect the public and the environment from the known harmful effects from electromagnetic fields (EMF) we ask the United Nations, the World Health Organization and all governments not to accept the ICNIRP guidelines. They are not protective, rather they pose a serious risk to human health and the environment since they allow harmful exposure to the world population, including the most vulnerable, under the unscientific pretext that they are “protective”.

Background

The International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP) issued draft Guidelines on 11th July 2018 for limiting exposure to electric, magnetic and electromagnetic fields (100 kHz to 300 GHz).1 These guidelines are unscientific, obsolete and do not represent an objective evaluation of the available science on effects from this form of radiation. They ignore the vast amount of scientific findings that clearly and convincingly show harmful effects at intensities well below ICNIRP guidelines.2 The guidelines are inadequate to protect humans and the environment.

Continue reading Scientists Sound Alarm on New Guidelines For Human Exposure to Electromagnetic Radiation

Reflections on Media and Politics