From Demonic Abortion: A Sobering Commentary on the Satanic Nature of the Modern Abortion Industry, 18-19.
The term “conspiracy against life” was coined by Pope John Paul II to describe the promotion of abortion on a massive scale. The words of the Holy Father are sobering:
Humanity today offers us a truly alarming spectacle, if we consider not only how extensively attacks on life are spreading but also their unheard-of numerical proportions, and the fact that they receive widespread and powerful support from a broad consensus on the part of society, from widespread legal approval and the involvement of certain sectors of healthcare personnel–[W]ith time the threats against life have not grown weaker. They are taking on vast proportions. They are not only coming from the outside, from the forces of nature or the “Cains” who kill the “Abels”; no, they are scientifically and systemically programmed threats…. [W]e are in fact faced by an objective “conspiracy against life,” involving even international institutions, engaged in encouraging and carrying out actual campaigns to make contraception, sterilizations, and abortion widely available. Nor can it be denied that the mass media are often implicated in this conspiracy, by lending credit to that culture which presents recourse to contraception, sterilization, abortion and even euthanasia as a mark of progress and a victory for freedom, while depicting as enemies of freedom and progress those positions which are unreservedly pro-life.1
- The “conspiracy against life” that Pope John Paul speaks about, thus, has several “alarming” characteristics:
- Its attacks against life are exponentially greater than the world has ever known, and they are spreading;
- There is a legal, scientific and social consensus for those attacks;
- The conspiracy is international–a conglomeration of powerful institutions working together;
- It forces its ethic of killing on others in a systematic and scientific way;
- The conspirators are aided and abetted by powerful media propaganda;
- The conspiracy is driven by anti-values or distortions of true values; and
- It identifies those with humane or religious values as enemies.
The Holy Father does not call this “conspiracy against life” demonic, but the way he describes it allows for a deeper reflection on the root causes. In its simplest terms, something so vast, so coordinated and so objectively evil cannot be driven merely by human ingenuity; nor is it driven only by human sinfulness. There is a deeper power to the overall campaign, which suggests a much keener, coordinating intelligence than the scheming of human minds. The description indicates a demonic intelligence behind the conspiracy. Fallen angels are perfectly capable of carrying out such a coordinated attack on life through spiritually malicious and weak human beings who hold the reins of worldly power.
- Pope John Paul II, Encyclical Letter, Evangelium Vitae, 17. English translation. Daughters of St. Paul.